Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, June 08, 2006

CampTastic!

I'm not much of an outdoors girl.
Not much for bugs and dirt and smoke and cold and heat and B.I.F.F.Y.'s and... a LOT of other things I can't even fathom!
But this weekend, ladies and gentlemen, I will be roughing it for two nights.

TWO nights!

The last time I went camping, Brian and I lived in Utah. We'd only been married for about 7 months. We paid $14 to spend a night at one of those nature-y places that have cement pads installed at each campsite. You know, so your sedan doesn't get dirty. This cement pad was positioned for you to park your car right next to your tent.

Who knows what this weekend will bring? Maybe I'll fall in love with nature... Maybe I'll grow a new hate for mosquitoes?

I'll let you know on Sunday, with LOTS of pictures!!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Kasynia said…

    Wahoo! Laura's goin' CAMPING! I'm excited for you. I've been trying to go lately, but it hasn't worked out with the boy and all the plans and stuff. I hope you have a lovely time, whether you fall in love with nature or not. :)

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Good for you Laura Michelle!

    Camping in Alaska will surely be awesome. I can't wait to hear about your experience and see the photos.

    Your Dad will be camping this weekend, too. Him, I'll be worried about because it has been raining all night and morning - and it could even be snowing on top of Monte Cristo, where they will be spending the night.

    Hopefully the skies will be clear tonight and you and Brian and your Dad can be looking at the same bright stars - somewhere out there beneath the big night sky! It may be a full moon, too.

    Your Dad's Aunt Lynada sent me an email of Bounce tips the other day.... Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets.... the scent of the sheet is supposed to repel mosquitoes. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it may work for you.

    Have lots of fun experiencing the beauty of nature.

    Love you lots!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck darlin! Hope you make it back in one piece! :)

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Just this Girl said…

    or... maybe you'll sleep in your car.

    hahaha

    nature is highly overrated. i have all the mother nature i need when i find a friggin' bug in my house and my son is about to stick it in his mouth...

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I wanna go!! I miss freedom :(

    Good Luck and have fun!!!

    (I know, I know...it will be too late for you to read this to have the fun that I speak of. But hey I can't have instant replies... can I :) j/k)

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home