Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Symptoms

In today's society of open communication and unlimited information, one is hard pressed to find a woman who goes through pregnancy without first knowing the majority of the symptoms her body will rain upon her.

I think it's safe to say it's just as hard to find a woman who doesn't know the timeline of said symptoms.

According to the ultrasound that was done approximately two and a half weeks ago, this Little Chicken is a mere ten and one half weeks into development.

This means I am still in my first trimester. But all of the symptoms I have experienced seem to be about two weeks ahead of the standard calendar of pregnancy. The reason I'm musing about this is because the doctor and the ultrasound technician swore up and down that this baby was conceived on a date I find highly unlikely. I calculated the conception date to be two weeks before they did. :)

So, who's to say?
Maybe they're right.
Maybe modern science has prevailed over my knowing my own body.

Or maybe, just maybe, the reason I haven't been having morning sickness nearly as often, feeling quite as tired as I once was, or having the oh-so-frequent mood swings my husband has come to fear is because I am no longer in my first trimester.

I guess there's no real way to tell.

I'm just glad that I'm not puking at the drop of a hat anymore.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Symptoms/sickness during pregnancy is different with every woman and every pregnancy. I have remained slightly nautious on occasion as with the first trimester. A lady in my lamaze class was sick the entire pregnancy. If you are right and you are two weeks further along, I think that you would still be in the first trimester. It doesn't end until week 14. I am so glad to hear that you are not as sick. That is wonderful. You really sounded like you were miserable with the throwing up before, glad that has subsided. Good Luck! If you're right than maybe your little chicken will come two weeks early!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Do doctors ever really know anything with a certainty - except, of course, that you are pregnant?

    Maybe that's why they "practice" medicine! :)

    Time will tell my Laura Michelle.

    Like Heather, I'm just happy to hear you haven't been suffering from the nausea symptoms as much.

    I'm also happy to know you won't be having a little chicken but a lovely Bagley/Gent baby!

    Love you 'dahlink' Laura Michelle!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Yeah, tell that little chicken if it doesn't settle down the puke engine I'll have to teach it a lesson or two about how to treat my Laura!!

    He He He

    Love You!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Just this Girl said…

    well, there's something about the way they calculate that. they add two weeks in there. so when you're five weeks you're really only three or something like that. i'd have to look it up. and morning sickness is something that can come and go. trust me on this one. i had it all nine months. or ten months or whatever.

    when they go by ultrasound, they use the measurements to tell them how far along you are. i have an amazing book/mag that i can send your way if your interested. it's really cool and has photos. unlike anything else i'd seen. let me know!

    anyway. good luck!! it'll all be FINE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home