Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, June 05, 2006

Belly Rub

So, I'm roughly three months along.
Not very far. But I am showing.
Not signs of a baby, signs of overeating.

Anyway, since I have a belly a bit too early, I got my first belly rub today. You know how pregnant women go through strangers patting their bellies and talking to it? I had my very first stranger belly rub.

I always thought I would be so excited to have people come up and rub my belly...I'm not.
Because it doesn't feel like they're rubbing the baby.
It feels like they're rubbing me!
I might be feeling a little better if I wasn't so big for how far along I am.
I'm self-conscious about my expanding waistline!
It's not even baby shaped!
I don't look pregnant! I look hefty!

Anyway, it was pretty monumental for me to have my first belly rub. I suppose I'll be getting a lot more of them, so I'd better get used to it or start telling people to leave my belly alone!

Ask me how I feel about it next month.
I may have changed my mind.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I swear that I was showing at 3 months too. But now my waistline has increased by 15 inches, so it doesn't stop. Sorry that your belly rub wasn't exactly what you thought it would be.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to rub your belly!!!

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Hi Laura...
    I don't think I'd want a stranger rubbing my belly either. It seems so presonal; something you'd only want to experience with loved ones.

    We Americans can be so intrusive, can't we?

    Hefty or not, I love you lots!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger cmhl said…

    I despised having people rub my belly, or touch my belly for that matter. that is one of those things you don't know if it is outside of your comfort zone or not until it happens! congratulations on the pregnancy!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Yeah, if someone rubbed my belly I would probably have to injure them.... severely! but then again, I am no pregnant mommy to be either :)

    I think you should think of yourself like I do, as a kind hearted & loving sister. Not of your appearance, because before anyone can say they know you they have to know what I know and not just what they see. Besides, What I see is a beautiful young woman with a great little suprise hiding in her 'tummy' :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home