Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bourke has entered the building.

I have a clarinet!

I have a clarinet!

His name is Bourke. He came from a home that didn't care much for him. After a bit of T.L.C. and reassurance that those living arrangements would never be repeated, he and I have bonded.

I missed playing the clarinet!

I missed music in my life.

I played for 6 years when I was a kid. Would you believe that my husband had never heard me play until Bourke arrived?

Brian's so cute, he'll hear me practicing, come downstairs, kiss me and say things like

"I never knew you were so talented."

"I hope our baby loves music like you do."

"Wow, you're sounding really good!"

I love that he loves that about me.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL!!! i love you guys! brian is so funny. you guys are the best! i just may put you guys in my first blog!!!

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger J and D said…

    You know, I used to play clarinet when I was younger too - for about 10 years, actually. I think you might have inspired me to go and pick it up again - my husband has never heard me play either.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! It's funny to me to think of you playing the clarinet again! It sounds fun tho! Maybe I should dig out my flute? We could play a duet...over the phone! :) Love ya!

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    I actually enjoyed hearing you play, I don't know if I ever told you that. Awww man... now I am getting Laura sick. I miss the Laura and the Brian.

    NARF! eee gadds Brain!
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinkin!?
    Well yes Brain, but where are we gonna find rubber spandex our size!? NARF!

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have had a similar experience recently. Last October I was invited to join the Sandy City Choir and Orchestra. I was really nervous about this but I thought Hey, someone hears talent? in my voice? And it really helped out that, that 'someone', was actually a memeber of the San Francisco city Opera for 25 years! What a compliment!
    So now I have sung Bach, Mozart, and various broadway play songs. In German, Latin, French and English.I am so grateful to have music back in my life again too! I <3 U... Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home