Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Heather Marie

Heather and I went to junior high school together. I can't quite recall having any classes with her. She took choir, I took band. We probably had a few of the basics together, but we really didn't get to know each other until the summer before high school.

We both got jobs at a theme park just a bit outside of our hometown. Since we rode the bus together nearly everyday, we got to hang out a lot. She, Holly, Emma, and I were nearly inseparable that summer.

We were fifteen, the world was at our feet and we just couldn't have enough fun.

Heather and I had a lot in common back then. We both loved music, we were both fairly tiny (five feet two inches, she kept the tiny part. I grew an inch and later gained 30 pounds.), close birthdays, love for shopping, and we LOVED boys.

When Heather met my brother Paul, I gotta tell you, our relationship was too young to handle it. We grew apart as she and Paul grew closer together. As luck would have it, this worked out best for all involved.

Heather and Paul are happily married and expecting their third baby. And Heather and I have something in common again! I think we both missed that connection. When she got married much earlier than I did, she jump started her life and I'm just barely catching up. It's been fun knowing we're both expecting. And cousins!

If someone had told my fifteen year old self I'd be a Auntie Laurla to Heather's babies, I wouldn't have believed them. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

And now that we can share these pregnancies, I'm starting to feel like we're fifteen again. Heather got me this frame as a birthday present. It's made for an ultrasound picture. I can't wait to put a picture in it!

Thank you Heather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home