Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Projects

I can see my bathroom counter! It's been weeks...literally. I'm much better at mass cleaning projects than I am at general upkeep and maintenance of a clean area. So, I finally buckled down, plugged my iPod into my speakers and locked myself in the bathroom for a little over two hours. This clear and clean countertop and these ultra-oragnized drawers are the final result.


This picture serves two purposes. One:Betty (My iPod) is in the rocking chair. And Two:We have a rocking chair! We ordered it on Target.com because poor sad Alaskans don't have a Target up here. Nowhere in this ginormous state did anyone think to build a Target. Boohoo. Luckily, it only cost $11.00 to ship this chair and ottoman and it was mostly put-together. It took all of twenty minutes to finish assembling. I try to do my reading in this chair while hooking Kellie up to Betty's classical music selection. She kicks like crazy!

Funny enough Metallica is her favorite. Or it makes her really angry so she kicks harder... Brian likes to think she loves it, so we'll just stick to that.

Oh! And I finished painting Kellie's name all in one day!
(I got the idea from Heather)
Kacen is rooming-in with Heather and Paul when he arrives. Kellie will also be rooming-in and when I saw that Heather gave Kacen his own little corner, I really liked the idea. Hence, Kellie's name is on the wall in her own little corner.

I had a lot of fun painting and positioning the letters.
It made me want to do more crafty things.

Afterthought: Whoa! I guess the flash caught the crib at a weird angle or something! In real life, both the crib and the glider are the same natural wood tone. Weird. The color of the glider is the true color.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    looks great wish that I was better at organizing things. like the name. did you find the letters somewhere local or did you have to order them?

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AW! Those little letters! Seeing her name up on a wall like that- makes it seem so real! I just can't believe it sometimes that you're really having a baby! I can't wait to meet the cute little metallica lovin' girlie girl. She's gonna love me. (Because, seriously, who wouldn't?)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger MartaMolly said…

    I love hearing all about your little girl, and the way that you are so into being a mommy is exciting!
    This is a wonderful time in your life and I can see that you are enjoying every single minute.
    Good going Laurakins!
    Mommy
    Oh btw...she seems to like the metallica because it gets her heart rate going and who wouldn't want to bust out and dance at such a fast pace?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home