Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Alternatives

Way back when... I went to beauty school. I got 1/4 of the way through my schooling and decided it wasn't for me. Later, I went back to beauty school and got my license to do nails.

Well, word got out at work that I know how to cut hair, even if I'm not licensed to do it. Consequently, I cut someone's hair this weekend. And I must say, I was a VERY surprised that I remembered how to cut hair and that having hair on my body didn't bother me as much as it used to. (I used to freak out trying to get it off me. It turned into a major fiasco attempting to shower away all the little hairs and get them out of my clothes. Those little buggers go EVERYWHERE! There is no part of the body that is sacred.)

So it made me think... What if I went back to beauty school? What if I got my license so that I could do hair (if need be)? I obviously won't enroll tomorrow. (Even though I am known for spur of the moment decisions.) But what if?

I know my stuff. I haven't cut a woman's hair in...I think it's been over a year. And I didn't screw up this hair cut. So the skill is there. But do I have the patience to do hair day in day out? Or should I just stick to nails? Because I know I love every aspect of doing nails and I'm already licensed for that. I sure wish I knew what I wanted to do. Indecisiveness is driving me crazy!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    that would be good to have that job available to you if needed. Probably won't find the time to take the schooling before the baby is born or after for awhile, if that is what you decide to do.If it seems like it something that you only enjoy on occasion and not everyday than yeah, probably not a good thing to go into?

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking as someone who has had their hair (and their boyfriend/husband's hair) cut by you, I think you're pretty darn good at it! But you should do what makes you happy! :)

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Kev said…

    Hiya Laura, thanks for your comment!!

    Ooooh about this, I think you should spill some milk, then turn the lights off and see if some random guy from heaven comes down and sings you a nice song about being a beauty school drop-out and see if he gives you any advice.

    Alternatively, maybe a few more test cuts will let you know if it's for you!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Hmmmm, let me put on my motherly hat...

    Women should always have marketable job skills. Something to fall back on if necessary - since we never know what life has to throw our way.

    Because you are so good with people, I think you should pursue your education relating to working with the disabled, elementary education, or other things in that arena.

    On the flip side... cosmetology can help pay the education bills.

    Laura Michelle, you are sooo smart and talented, you will excel at whatever you choose to pursue.

    Love you bunches!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home