Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Power

While vegging on the couch last night, Brian set the remote control on my belly. We continued watching our new favorite series, Kyle XY. A couple minutes later, Kellie kicked so hard, she knocked the remote off my belly. Brian missed it and of course, she's no performing monkey in heels, she wouldn't do it again.

Then at midnight last night, she kicked so hard it woke me up and SCARED me! Like when you wake up suddenly from an intense dream? She's getting stronger.

Brian hasn't felt even ONE kick from her. Every time he puts his hand on my belly, she stops moving and it's like she decides right then is the perfect time to go to sleep because she doesn't move for an hour - sometimes two!

I'm hoping after she's born, all Brian will have to do is rest his hand on her head and she'll zonk out for two hours.

Talk about magic powers!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Staci said…

    How fun! That's not very nice of her not to move for her Daddy. Not nice, but very funny.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    strong powerful baby kicks. Wow they must be to wake you up, never had that one happen.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with the automatic nap inducer you've got planned! Let me know how it goes. :) Oh so yesterday we were shopping in Park City and I saw the cuuuuutest little halloween outfits at Old Navy and it was all I could do not to buy a little bumble bee costume and mail it to you because...well whens he can fit it it'll be like next swmmer. But it was SO cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home