Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Moose

You all know about my gigantic feelings of terror regarding moose, right? Read on.

While taking Zoe out for her bedtime potty break, I hear a faint rustling in the trees in our community area. I have a fenced backyard, but the community area is literally right there. Zoe nervously looks up at the rustling as well. Her instincts, while domesticated, are still keen. This leads me to believe that I will be stomped on, my head trampled beyond recognition, if I don't rush into the house, lock the door, and bolt up the stairs to where possible-moose can't get me.

I have no logical reasoning behind my fear. None. And it's only a fear of live moose within possible pulverizing range.

Moose across a lake? Fine.
Moose in pictures? Fine.
Cartoon moose? Fine!
Stuffed moose (Ever popular in the Alaska tourist department)? Even better!

But moose in my comfort zone, waiting to trample me down and leave me for dead? NOT FINE! Anything BUT fine!

Now that I'm on an adrenaline high, my insomnia is heightened. I may have to succumb to the ever-blissful sleeping pill.

I really do hate drugging myself to get some shut-eye.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes! I am afraid of moose too, I have only seen one in person once... it was a baby and I freaked because I knew mommy wouldn't be too far behind.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can only imagine the moose nightmares! When Jacob was hiking Timp again last week he and his friends ran right into several moose on the trail. Luckily, none of them were moosed to death. And speaking of drugging your self to sleep, our window AC unit is SO loud that I have to take a tylenol PM every night to sleep! Sad huh? Can't wait till we move and the weather cools down!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I had to take a benadryl last night to get to sleep after looking up if it was okay for pregnant women to take it. After only getting two hours of sleep the night before I was so out of it but still could not sleep. I totally understand your need for medication, but man the side effects in the morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home