Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Midwive's Birthing Center

Welcome! This is the waiting room of the birthing center we've chosen.
Contrary to popular belief, exam rooms do not require a constant state of discomfort. This is my view from the exam table.
This is the labor and delivery bed. Dim lights are available (which I prefer) or there's a light switch for classic indoor lighting.
Just across the room, this labor tub is used to naturally alleviate labor pains. Water birth is also an option! Across the room from the tub is a fireplace and candles.
Should you find that labor feels better in the shower, this personal bathroom is available for your use. Or even if you want to freshen up after delivery. These cute toddlers were running around the center. Very family friendly!
The general feeling I got here was that women posess the strength to deliver babies.
We just need to have our comfort needs met.
This center does it for me.
I can envision giving birth in that tub. And that's all I wanted.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    umm yes, i love it! i hope you find that your birth will leave you feelng more beautiful and at peace with your body!

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That looks like a fabulous place! I hope you found exactly what you're looking for! :)

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    That looks like a great place. Looks very homey, like you could really be comfortable. Glad that you found what you needed and glad that you two are able to do it. Man those places can be expensive without insurance doing a huge part. I actually found that there is one in Utah.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Just this Girl said…

    awww!makes me want to have a baby again!!!

    ok. that was a lie
    but it was almost convincing...

    looks relaxing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home