Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, July 07, 2006

Nesting

Just some quick shots of our night-before-Independence-Day shirt painting. (Inspired by Ruthie)
This is what I came up with. The firecracker rests right around my belly button. I'm implying that this baby is a little firecracker. I don't think very many people at the parade/fair got it. I wore it again today to Brian's squadron picnic and again, no comments.
Come on! Little firecracker?? It's funny!

Turns out Carol is quite the artist. She was able to give everyone ideas for their shirts and for the dog bandanas. But she was STUMPED when it came to decorating her shirt. I think she took some of her frustration out on Steve with her scissors. I'm kidding. He came out with only a few scars.
This is my final product after Carol's assistance. She came up with the little yellow dots that add depth to the text. I take credit for the heart. We had a lot of fun making our shirts! It turns out it's a trend up here. I didn't want to lug around my camera at the fair, so I didn't get any pictures. But there were a LOT of people in home-made shirts and bandanas.
We even put painted bandanas on our dogs.
I'm sure I'll get a picture of Zoe's eventually.

On another subject, I'm nesting hardcore. There is no let-up. It's all-consuming. I went back to working full-time, so I'm not sure why my body picked NOW of all times to kick it into overdrive, but it did. And to be honest, I'm having the time of my life. I'm doing laundry everyday. I haven't run out of clean underwear in... well, it's been a while. I'm even cooking dinner every night. I'm using RECIPES. RECIPES! Laura, Queen of Convenience Foods. Using recipes! It's just beyond belief! I hope this urge to cook and clean never goes away.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kasynia said…

    I LOVE that shirt! I can't believe people weren't getting it or at least not commenting. Absolutely Fabulous!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a fun shirt. I think it's hilarious. *I* get you! :) And by the by, I'm totally not even pregnant but being married has given me this desire to clean and cook! And I resent the fact that I can't just stay home all day and do those things!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger elizabeth said…

    the shirt is adorable. now next year you'll have to do the same thing to a onesie :)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    You're shirt is much more creative. They look great. Glad that you had a fun forth even without a night sky to do fireworks.

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where ARE you?? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever...

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the shirt is so cute! anyway, i am totally nesting too! i am having a really hard time doing it cause i am so sore due to the baby dropping but i think that that will go away soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home