Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Satisfaction

Brian gives his seal of approval on the completion of my rather large, rather daunting task.
I finished early! By two days!
I organized all our camping gear and luggage.
When did we get so many suitcases??
You can't tell, but we have a LOT!
Organization tip? I stored them inside each other.
Duffels inside duffels,
backpacks inside backpacks,
purses and wallets inside one big bag.
I never thought I would say it...
I have way too many purses for one person!

See the lack of laundry on the floor? My old system was to toss everything in one big pile in front of the washer. This made for many trips and falls while I tried to sort and load all at once before the water stopped running.
My new system is pictured last.

The military housing office provides each home with a washer and dryer. They refuse to take the ones they gave us, as they have no room to store them. So, it has become our responsibility to store them. There they are. In a home of their own. No more shoving, huffing and puffing through relocations galore.
This is our ironing center. The towel is actually for those scary sinks in the corner by our washer (Third picture). I use that sink whenever my hands get too dirty to be touching clean laundry with. It happens a lot more than you'd think. (Our homes have lead-based paint under layers of "treatment" for lead-based paint. This causes dinginess to be almost permanent on your hands. Only downstairs...)
And last, but most surely not the least, my coup de gras. I am most proud of my sorting system. It works for us. Whites on the far left, then darks, then reds, and delicates on the far right. Brian even sticks to this system!
I love that he supports my neurotic eccentricities!

And that is the rundown of my would-be weeks-long project. I had a blast! But it didnt satisfy my need for cleaning. I'm moving onto the downstairs bathroom next. I intend to make it my personal vanity. I have been receiving complaints that my "girly stuff" is cramping my husband's style. I guess after two and a half years of marriage, you quit putting up with the "cute" little quirks your partner has.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    looks GREAT! Glad that you have the nesting thing goin before the baby comes. Gets much harder afterwards to do much of anything, big adjustment period. Looks like you have lots of room to accomodate your loads of luggage though, thats good. Does it make it easier to do laundry not as often with all that space? With our one basket on top of the dryer I do laundry 2-3 times a week!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, impressive!! I sorely need to get our aparment organized like this because right now everything is a mess and we don't know where anything is! Wanna come down and do it for me?? :)

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Woohoo Laura! You go girl!

    Being organized is such a stress reliever, isn't it?

    I have two rooms that really need my attention but I feel so overwhelhemed and can't seem to get started - so good for you.

    I have two suitcaes that are exactly the same, so they won't nest. So, I store blankets and other seasonal stuff inside.

    Those husbands of our's... it's almost as if they think they'll become girlie just being in the same area as our neccesities. :)

    Happy organizing and Happy Independence Day.

    I love you a bushel and a peck, with my arms around your neck!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I dunno, I never thought the girly stuff was bothersome. I love what you did with the nifty organization though! I am proud of you, I actually wish I was there to help :(

    Love you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home