Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, June 16, 2006

Gender Neutral

A lady I work with had a yard sale today, so I wandered by after work. I picked up a few cool items.

A walker-popper like the one I had when I was a kid.
A few pairs of pants.
Random toys for a great deal.
And some CUTE, basically new, shoes.

I was talking with her while I picked out items that I wanted. She asked, about five minutes into our convo, if knew the gender of our baby. I said, "Nope, not 'til August." (It's basically on auto-answer, I get asked that a LOT.) And she says, "Huh, well that's funny. You keep saying 'her' and 'she.' I thought maybe you already knew it was a girl." I didn't realize I'd been saying "her" and "she." I guess I picked it up from Brian.

The lady then said that maybe I subconsciously knew that it was a girl. While it would be fun if that were the case, I highly doubt it. My mom's the intuitive one.

Anyway, long story short, here's the cute shoes I picked up for $3.25 total.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Those are way cute for only three bucks and look good too, awesome deal! Wish everything was that great of a bargain. Switchin from girls to a boy, it would be nice to find blankets, clothes and stuff for cheap. I have found it better not to tell people what you think your baby is, if you're wrong some people rub it in your face especially if someone else was right.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want those boots! We bought a bunch of girl stuff for our son, when we didn't know he wasn't a she! Either way, it's nice to be prepared!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Just this Girl said…

    you need to go shopping with me.
    the last thing i got for three bucks was a cookie and a large coke.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home