Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!

I'm the big 2-2!

Twenty two years of life. And this was the BEST birthday EVER! When I came home from work, I walked into the kitchen to see the infamous birthday banner up, birthday gifts on the table, and a happy husband waiting to give me a big hug.

For those who know me, you also know about Brian's amazing ability to forget big events... Particularly my birthday. And this year, he nailed it on the head. He got the right day, the right time, heck, just the right idea. Thanks Honey! I'd also like to thank everyone else for the calls and the cards. Sorry to say, we were very short on minutes, so I didn't get to talk to everyone I would have liked.
But I appreciate the voicemails!

Here's the rundown of 4 May 2006.


I'm not usually one to collect anything, but my new fav thing to collect is DVD's. Brian remembered this and got me Just Married and Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Believe it or not, I dreamed that he would get me Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Which is only odd because I never even hinted that I like that movie. We saw it ONCE when it first came out. But my dream came true and I swear I didn't peek!

Also on the kitchen table was a beautiful flower bouquet from Jim and Carol, my folks in law. Though, once I found out that the flowers were stuck in a cake, I quickly devoured the cake. I didn't even think about a pre-demolition picture. Give me a break! I'm a ravenous pregnant woman!
I'm lucky I didn't eat the table with it!



This picture requires some explanation. I'm afraid the one I have to give doesn't do it justice. This is a birthday present from Steve Van Wie. It's a card, which I wouldn't normally take a picture of. It's what inside the card that intrigued me. For my birthday, Steve Van Wie gave me 1 dollar, 3 nickels, 2 pennies, 1 used piece of floss, 1 unused piece of gum, and 1 playing card (with strict instruction that I needed to return it once I'd looked at it thoroughly.)
Hey, is there anything Mastercard can't buy these days? :)

It really made me laugh. And he also got me a snowcone from the Ice Cream Man!

Yes! Alaska has an ice cream truck! We're still in America!


This is Chaser. He's proudly holding a baby bath. We couldn't figure out how to put it together, but we've still got 7 months. We'll figure it out. He really goes all out for his friends! He does too much!

I later found out the playing card in Steve Van Wie's card was Chaser's.

Do you see? Too much! We love Chaser!
This is Brian. It's the only picture we took of him and since he orchestrated the whole night, I'm posting it. I know, it's not very birthday-ie.
We're in Denny's, which seems a little eccentric, but I REALLY wanted my favorite dish.
(See below.)

I didn't know Brian was snapping pictures of me! I think I'm talking to one of my parents. It was past 7:00 by then, so we had free minutes.
(By the way, that's 9:00 their time! They stayed up late to talk to me!)


And this would be the returning star of the night, my favorite dish. I love deep fried anything right now. I always have, but the desire has definitely increased with pregnancy. Unfortunately, it didn't agree with me.
I tossed it later that night.



Life just wouldn't be the same without Steve Van Wie. He's licking his bacon. He helps ease the homesick feeling I have for my five brothers.

And hugs goodbye. This was just an awesome birthday all around.
Even with the puking!

5 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday! and congratulations on the new baby.

    I enjoyed reading your blog - your happiness is spilling over.

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Happy Birthday Laura!!!
    I love you, and I hope your birthday was as great as your blog displays here

    Sincerely you brother,

    Paul Bagley

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Sorry that you were throwing up that is no fun. One of the only times that I was out without the children this year, I couldn't keep food down either. Hopefully that is the end of your being sick during this pregnancy, let me know how it goes it will so fun to hear about your pregnancy as it progresses every pregnancy is different. I am so glad that you had a great birthday. That is awesome that Brian remembered, planned and went all out!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry I couldn't talk to you on your birthday, love! You know I wanted too! And I would have called you back last night but we were stuffing envelopes. In the dark. Cause the power went out. And today I was at work all day! UGH! And more wedding stuff. But hopefully I can talk to you this weekend! I looooove you!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It honestly was the best birthday ever. we had so much fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home