Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Kit Kat

Kellie saw the picture of Kacen on Heather's blog and squealed with delight.
So I said, "Do you see Kacen?"
Another squeal.
"Can you say Kacen?"
"Geeegh...."
"Close, so close! That's your cousin - Kacen."
"Kit kat."

She seemed content to leave it at that.

Kellie stood for a few seconds without assistance. Once she realized what she was doing, she stuck her tush out and caught herself on the coffee table. She was celebrating her triumphant retrieval of the remote control. She let go of the couch to hold the remote up in the air and tell me about it. That's right. No hands on couch, two hands on remote. Then buns hit coffee table and it's back to assisted standing... err... squatting, I guess.

Kellie is growing up so fast. Gone are the days she would leisurely nurse for hours while I admired her near-bald little head. Here are the days of sweet sticky hands and blowing kisses.

Cherish the moment. It soon becomes a blur.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK that standing story cracked me up!!! I don't know why, but I love that her stand alond moment was in retrieving the remote!! What a cutie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home