Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Color My World

Kellie has learned to splash in the tub. It's great fun! She thinks it particularly funny when water gets on my glasses.

She's also a crawling fanatic. She used to wake up from naps and yell for me until I got to her. When I would come bounding into the room, she'd smile...and continue to lie on her back until I picked her up. Yesterday, she yelled. Then was quiet. I heard her laughing on the monitor. So I took my time in getting to her. And when I got to our room, I saw that she had crawled toward the end of the bed!! She's a pre-toddler.

A few more baby gates are in our future.

I went to JoAnn's with Nikki and got some dye and some fleece. This was too much fun! I'm going back for more!




I also got my new favorite toy. Yay for 40% off coupons! I'm a geek. I know.


It's an art caddy! Pardon the giant mess around it. That's what it's for...to tame the mess.

Well, I completed my first custom-ordered longies. I must say, they turned out nicely. I had fun making them. I don't know how to go about spreading the word that I want to make longies for folks... Emily, maybe you can chime in - you business-woman you.


I got the house a teeny bit cleaner. I still miss Brian like a crazy woman.

Kellie has been in a glorious mood recently. She's very agreeable and playful. She spent a good ten minutes blowing raspberries on my face. And chewing on my chin. I swear, that tooth is going to come through any second.

We went to the farmer's market. I had a carrot that put grocery store carrots to shame. SHAME!

I bought my first bulk formula purchase... $80! For two weeks' worth! Brian said "Your boobs saved us a lot of money!" WIC is the only government program I actually put the effort into receiving. I know we qualify for a lot more, but we're doing okay without other assistance. WIC, though... we need. Even formula-feeding part-time, that's enough to break the bank!

I had a bizarre moment in which I had to talk myself out of cutting my own hair.

I was able to talk myself out of it. But those scissors were looking mighty shiny.

I like that I've been able to help so many wool users in their quest for the lanolin-spot-free lanolizing.

I'm going to be posting pictures of how to pin/Snappi a Tinkle Trap soon.

I have a lot of time on my hands. Don't hold my snap-happy blogging against me.

I'll be back to normal in 3 weeks or so. Picture-less blogging and all.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    fun, fun. Cute clothes, fun bag. Tinkle Trap?

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I DO have business tips for you! I'll e-mail you! And we should swap products. I'll bring your longies to boutiques with me and you can pimp my vinyl to your Alaskan friends. Sound like a plan? :) I love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home