Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, October 15, 2007

GapGapGapGap!

When I'm scolding Zoe, my voice changes tone. Kellie has noticed this and heartily joins in.

Me: "Zoe! Go outside and hurry up!"
Kellie: "GapGapGapGapGapGAP!"
While pointing her indignant little finger in the air.

What am I teaching my little girl??

On a more fun and educational note, we now have a Textures Toy Box. I'm sure this idea has come to a MaMa way before my time. But it only occurred to me today, while I was browsing the clearance fabric section at JoAnn's.



I made 12x12 squares of several different textures. Kellie squeals with delight when exploring different textures. She LOVES it! She likes to pull all my laundry out of the basket and play in the piles of clothing waiting to be folded. Of course, this covers them in dog hair and lint. So, now she has her own "laundry" to roll in.

And a travel size texture bag. We'll call it Traveling Textures. It's the most compact diaper bag toy she owns. Now I'm looking forward to the next waiting room adventure.



Zoe loves her new toy so much, she falls asleep playing with it. I made this out of some fabric a sweet PinMaMa sent me.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Wow! You make dog toys and diapers, awesome! Kelli plays with fabric. She must be watching her momma a lot. You are doing a great job, it is fun to hear about you two!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Penny for your thoughts said…

    I'm so glad you did the textile touchers. When my friend Diane and I go to JoAnn's with her grandson Zach, I steal him away to the fabrics and we touch everything and also do colors. Just 2 wks ago I bought him a 1/4 yd of flannel-backed pink satin for his bunny to have a blanket. Zach carries it and Bunny everywhere to play in the house. Zach picked the type and color of fabric after much investigation. It is a great thing to start. GREAT JOB MAMA!!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your travel size texture bag is just about the best idea EVER! hmmm... how can i get you to make me one? :P ha ha.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're such an interactive mommy! What a great idea. Sounds like the perfect activity for Kellie! I love hearing what you do with her.

    Miss you like CRAZY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home