Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, November 03, 2006

I Kid You Not

I bought a bag of Halloween candy.
Nix that.

I bought three bags of Halloween candy in early October.

Come Halloween night, I have five fun-size twix in my trick-or-treat bowl. I'd like to blame my lack of treats on some hole in the universe that sucked in my well-intended candy... but we all know I ate it.

I don't like to leave my house. (Yep, I'm a hermit.) So I had to think fast.

What did those poor kids who came calling at my house on Halloween night get?

100 Calorie Packs

Indeed. A healthy snack for kids of all ages! I threw in the last of what I had in the cupboard. See, I buy a box, and get bored of the flavor. Then I buy a new box the next time I go shopping and the old flavor gets pushed to back of the cabinet. This adds up over the course of six months. I had a nearly-full box of 100 calorie popcorn!

Brian mocked and teased. But one kid exclaimed "Popcorn!!" She then grabbed two bags and ran, which is altogether the most dangerous thing you can do in a state that is basically an ice rink. I'm thinking she thought the crazy pregnant lady would chase her down and demand that she return a bag of her reduced-calorie popcorn. Why else would she risk her life?


When I went grocery shopping, I bought two bags of clearance Halloween candy.

Yes, I'm eating them.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want clearance Halloween candy! I bought like 4 bags of Halloween candy to have out at parent teacher conferences. The kids ate probably...half of it and the rest was consumed in like 2 days. But I'd like the record to show that Jacob helped eat it too!! :) I loooooove you!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I went out and bought a 4 lb. bag of frooties to go to a trunk-r-treat, then our car ran out of gas and I wasn't able to go. So now I am stuck with all that candy, and all one flavor! I'm gonna be tired of it when I'm done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home