Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Finally Finished

I'm through with Kellie's room. For right now. I'm sure changes will be made. It's who I am. But this will be the final picture-post unless some major changes are made before Kellie is born.
Only eight more weeks to go!
Can you say "A-woohoo!"?

This is the matching nightstand for Kellie's dresser. Until she has use for a nightstand, it's my nursing station. I'll be keeping all the essentials required when breastfeeding. I hear you can get really thirsty...and really bored. Thus, the magazines and somewhere for me to set my water bottle. The teddy bear lamp is from Kellie's Deah. (Thank you Mom!)
This is a shot of Kellie's night light, light switch plate, and photo frame (Thank you Heather!). The photo is Kellie at eight weeks. That's back when we called her Little Chicken. The night light/switch plate combo is from Target.com. They're having a huge free shipping sale. I went a little crazy and bought a good portion of the matching room decor I'd registered for. Hey, you can't beat free shipping when you live in Alaska!
Kellie's Grandma and Grandpa Gent (I should ask them what they want to be called...) got her this pretty pink bouncer and her car seat/stroller combo. She's gonna look so cute bouncing in that chair! (Thank you Granddad Jim and Grandmom Carol!)
Kellie's growth chart, diaper stacker, and dust ruffle (Thank you Heather!). That CD player beneath the crib is for Kellie's lullaby CD's. Who knows if I'll actually use them. I might just use a fan. I'm still trying to come up with an ingenius way to hang her quilt on the wall. Any suggestions???
These hanging organizers were on my baby registry. (Thank you Heather and Kara!) I had so much fun hanging them and deciding what goes in them. The one on the left is a weekly clothing sorter. Monday on top to Sunday on the bottom. This idea is compliments of Meaghan. Her baby (Mara) is four months old. Meaghan saves time by picking out Mara's clothes on Sunday and laying them out. That way, there's no searching for a clean pair of socks or a matching onesie. The organizer on the left has seven shelves. I think it was destined to be a weekly clothing sorter. The one on the right holds the odds and ends right now. But later it'll be for blankets, coats, sweaters...things like that.
Isn't this the cutest hamper ever?? Yay for free shipping from Target.com!
I moved Kellie's name into her room. There's a big empty space where it used to be in our room. I'll have to come up with something to put there.
Brian and I both love to read. We have bookshelves FULL of books and our collection keeps growing. We spend so much time reading, I'm pretty sure Kellie will show an interest as well. I'm hoping, anyway. So this is the start of Kellie's library. It's not very big. But it'll get there. I love to buy books.
I'm a sucker for tiny coats and sweaters.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sigh! I want to come to Alaska! Her room is absolutely adorable! And her closet- SO YOU! So organized. So love it. In fact, I have a sorter shelf thing like that that I originally used to put out my clothes all week. Until I stopped doing my laundry like ever and it really messed up that plan. :) I so miss you! And...I'm pretty sure I HAVE to send Kellie cute little brand new baby clothes because I keep seeing little outfits that I'm falling in love with, so don't be mad ok? I'll send her a bigger sized outfit too. :)

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    You did an awesome job! Great to see that so many people helped you out with being prepared for your new baby. Good luck, only eight weeks, yay!!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Just this Girl said…

    that diaper bag RAWKS!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't buy too many clothes, Anjali has too many, and is growing fast, so I'm pretty sure I'll have some barely used hand-me-downs to send Kellie.
    Someone has a baby named Mara? I thought I was the only one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home