Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dreams

These are dreams that I've had within the past week. I'm sure they're "normal" but they are stressful nonetheless.

I'm a cyborg. I give birth with my entire body, down to my hips, in what I can only describe as a tunnel. Similar to an MRI machine? They (the doctors, I'm guessing) take Kellie away and raise her in a pod. I then become pregnant again and the cyborg-tunnel-pod cycle continues.

Kellie's hand is fused to her face.

I give birth...And I don't feed Kellie until she is four months old. I know I haven't fed her because I go to breastfeed and I have no idea what I'm doing. I keep poking her in the eye.

Zoe is a better mother than I am. Kellie only listens to Zoe. The fact that I'm dreaming about my dog speaking english and instructing my daughter... Well, that's a dream I have no chance of understanding.

I used to have dreams that Kellie was born without a face. Then I saw her beautiful face in the 3D ultrasound. I didn't dream that dream last night.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started having dreams about giving birth to a cat and nursing her. Another weird dream was nursing cats and dogs while visiting friends. I hope your dreams get more pleasant!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Those definetly are dreams that I have never heard of. Pod children? Wow, have you been watching movies lately...you have a great imagination. Mine haven't been too weird. I haven't remembered the ones lately, but I kept dreaming that I had a girl. Makes it weird when you've even seen that the baby is the opposite sex.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You and your dreams! Did your mom interpret it for you? By the by, my 4 day weekend is UEA baby! I've never appreciated UEA weekend as much as I do right now! (As a student, you can't fully appreciate the goodness that is a 4 day weekend!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home