Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Kellie

To start with, I had one room with white/off-white walls. We emptied it of all non-baby items.
I got these stencils from JoAnn's and tested them on printer paper before going to the wall. Good thing I did! I went through three different prototypes before picking one I liked well enough to paint on my daughter's wall.
This is Kellie's growth chart. It came in her baby book. I put it up just to see what it would look like. Of course we'll have to take it off for the steam cleaning.
This is the pattern I maintained throughout the room.
Dragonfly. Butterfly. Ladybug. Flower. Repeat.

That beautiful blanket is from a nice lady at work. She quit to be a stay-at-home mom. But before she left she brought this in for Kellie. She made it! I love it and it matches our nursery.
In Kellie's 20-week ultrasound, I mentioned that I thought she had my nose. Many people said that I was seeing things. But look at this profile picture and tell me she doesn't have my nose. I'll say you are seeing things. Brian made me feel better, saying that he likes my nose. I like my nose. As posted previously, I have come to terms with and am at peace with my nose. But I was hoping that Kellie could have a life without the Chadwick nose. Kids are mean these days! They'll make fun of my baby girl.
Look closely. This is Kellie in my belly. She has her right hand on her face. She kept it there the whole time. Once you've distinguished her facial features...
Look at this!
This is me directly after a c-section birth. Does that face not look familiar? If it doesn't, scroll up and check out Kellie's face again. Now do you see it?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah...I think she has your nose! Oh my gosh Laura! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to meet his little cutie! (And P.S. I'm gonna be the coolest aunt ever!) I love you sponging the walls- remember when we went butterfly crazy on your wall?? Also, I was just thinking of you because we went to Wendys and I asked for sweet and sour sauce at the menu because if you wait till the window, they're in a big ol' hurry. Well the girl acted like I'd just asked for a dead rodent or something! She was like "You want what? Sweet & sour?? On what???" Me: "Um...on the side..." It was for my fries of course. Yum-my! Gosh I miss you so much!

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    You do resemble each other. I wonder what characteristics that she picked up from Brian? You'll have to post more pictures of her room when it gets further along. Looks good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home