Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Payday Weekend

We went to McDonald's for dinner tonight. I usually get a kids meal. Zoe always gets my toy. This time it was a Little Mermaid tiara. After a few pictures, we took it off. While Brian held it in his hands, Zoe tried to push her head back into it! So he put it back on and she strutted around in her little princess get-up. Halloween is going to be a BLAST with Zoe! She loves to play dress-up!
I've been longing for a Gymini playmat by Tiny Love. We have two at the daycare center and the babies absolutely love them. Brand new, they run about fifty to one hundred dollars. So I knew it was a frivolous purchase that was quite unnecessary.
Frugal Mommy that I am, I've been keeping an eye out on eBay and Craig's List. I got this one for five dollars on Craig's List. The mat is a bit faded, but it is in otherwise excellent condition. I was supremely excited! Still am!

This is my -before- shot. I decided to have my hair colored since it has been six months and I was starting to feel drab. (Can you tell it's payday weekend??)
And this is my -after- picture! I'm having it cut tomorrow. There wasn't time for both tonight.
I also got the least-fulfilling pedicure of my life.
It was...awful. But I love my color!

After seeing Heather's belly, I realized I haven't posted a belly picture in a while. Here's Kellie at 28 weeks!
I'm starting to get stretch marks on my belly. Boohoo.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Cute hair, great highlights. They make it all look so much better. Have you been swollen at all during this pregnancy? I have always been a little cautious about getting highlights while pregnant, who knows maybe I am a weirdo in that aspect.But ya it sounds like a good thing to do before the baby comes cause there is not much time away from them once they are out in the world. That is so fun a crown on Zoe, and she liked it!! Wonder if she will be jealous when the baby comes? Great deals on baby stuff that you are getting everywhere!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anden absolutely loves his playmat! Anyway, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Your hair looks great, I should do something with mine!

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your dog is funny! I can't believe you gave away the tiara tho. I'd totally wear it. Love the new hair color and now you're making me jealous! And I love your pregnant belly! I want to give it a big kiss! Mwuah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home