Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, December 10, 2009

How Did It Come To This?

Oh, I'll tell you.

A typical day goes something like this-
It's 8:30 am, I stumble downstairs and thoughtlessly shove 2-4 fun size candy bars in my mouth. As I'm devouring them, I prepare a healthy balanced breakfast for Kellie. Then I search for something to drink. I convince myself I need caffeine and down 8-12 ounces of Mountain Dew or Pepsi.

That's just my morning. Nevermind the rest of the day where I forget to eat until I'm starving and don't have "time" to make a real meal for myself. So I cram handfuls of potato chips into my mouth as fast as I can before Kellie sees me and wants chips with her lunch instead of broccoli.

Then comes dinner time. I usually eat what I prepared for the family...twice. So while it's the healthiest thing I've eaten all day, I've eaten too much.

Now I'm 5 months postpartum weighing 12 pounds more than I did at 6 weeks postpartum.

Enough is enough.

I weigh 187.8

Today, I vow to work diligently and eat healthily so I can weigh 150 (or less!) by Delia's 1st birthday.

I actually ate a healthy *5 point* breakfast with Kellie today. :) I can do this.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    yay Laura. You've done it before, you can do it again :)good luck! loves you (maybe i should join you)

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Your #1 Fan said…

    Baby, don't complain about that pick, I thought it was hot and I did innapropriate things to my computer screen....it was hot and I miss you, what can I say! I am totally going thru the same thing as you, I have gained 6 lbs just since getting to FL, and am at my heaviest I've ever been! Don't beat yourself up, just think, at least you are really pretty, imagine if you had to lose weight and you were ugly, at least when you do, and you will, you will always be pretty, big or small, so be happy you have an un-buckled face, a little weight can't change you are hot, a great mama, and a busy lady who just did a huge move and is adjusting to a crazy hubby schedule, and still have a baby...if you look that good with all that, what is my excuse??? ;-)

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger nej said…

    Replace "fun sized candy bars" with "handfuls of M&Ms" and "potato chips" with r"aw cookie dough" and you have my exact diet.

    I'm making an effort to eat healthier. For example, today I was at Target and I didn't buy any more dough. And I'm going to try and eat what I prepare for E from now on. Even though raw cookie dough tastes sooooo much better than broccoli.

    Cut yourself some slack. It's arctic outside, which makes it difficult to get out and get some fresh air and sunshine. I know that by Delia's birthday, you'll be much closer to your goal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home