Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

100 Things You May Have Missed

1 - Me, of course.
2 - We found a home today.
3 - It's huge.
4 - Colorado Springs is beautiful.
5 - I feel like we're home, a feeling I had only around friends while stationed in Alaska.
6 - Kellie has a stretchy lizard from the Garden of the Gods gift shop.
7 - She named him Leekie.
8 - Delia is rolling over.
9 - When she wants to nurse, she says "Uhn-gee." Serious.
10 - Brian has two pairs of socks left.
11 - My eye is twitching. Lack of sleep and stress makes my eye twitch. It's SO annoying.
12 - We bought a minivan.
13 - Kellie calls it "our new blue miniban."
14 - Brian goes to work tomorrow.
15 - We're all pretty bummed about it.
16 - Delia has a bedtime.
17 - It's 8 o'clock.
18 - Don't mess with her bedtime.
19 - I've missed blogging.
20 - I "blogged" in my head all the time while I was away.
21 - I even took pictures with the intent to post and blog about them.
22 - I'm so excited for our new home, I can't sleep.
23 - We had a blast in Utah.
24 - Kellie remembers her cousins and names them off.
25 - Kellie thinks all her Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and cousins will be waiting for us at our new house.
26 - She also thinks her Alaskan friends will be there for her playgroups...and her birthday party.
27 - Poor kid.
28 - I don't know how to break it to her.
29 - Our gentle corrections don't seem to have an impact on her ideas of our new home.
30 - Delia is often mistaken for a boy.
31 - I think some may feel bad for our sweet little "boy" in "his" brown little ruffled pants from "his" big sister.
32 - I have GOT to laugh quieter!
33 - Andy and Natalie will be driving our car to Colorado.
34 - They're also bringing Zoe.
35 - Thank you Andy and Natalie!
36 - A heap!
37 - I've felt so disconnected from real life.
38 - I'm SO over cheeseburgers.
39 - I'm SO overweight!
40 - Delia and I are ECing.
41 - I swear she knows what we're saying to her.
42 - Kellie is such a sweet big sister.
43 - So compassionate, considerate, and kind.
44 - Kellie got a hair cut.
45 - Brian is an amazing driver.
46 - My cell phone doesn't work in the Temporary Living Facility.
47 - I love cooking meals again.
48 - Delia was blessed while we were in Utah.
49 - She screamed the entire time.
50 - Between myself, Brian, and Kellie - we have consumed 2 pounds of cashews in 5 days.
51 - I can't wait to have our stuff back.
52 - We (hopefully!) move in on Saturday and our household goods arrive on Monday.
53 - I feel like I've known Delia my entire life.
54 - I love having two girls.
55 - Delia has never ever worn a disposable diaper.
56 - Not a one.
57 - I'm hoping I'll be able to make back the money I invested (and re-invested) in trying out different diapers with Kellie.
58 - I'm pretty sure -no sposies ever- is my only chance.
59 - Babywearing is very common here in Colorado Springs.
60 - Instead of being asked, "What is that? Where did you get it?" I hear, "Oh! I've never seen one like that before! It's a pretty sling!"
61 - If I want to live in this house we've applied for, I have to curb my shopping hobby.
62 - I really want to live in this house.
63 - Delia tried to bring a big (to her) stuffed owl to her face today and got soooo frustrated that it was too large for her to lift one-handed.
64 - Her two hands wouldn't work together.
65 - She began squawking at the owl.
66 - Delia nurses in the car seat.
67 - I lean over her.
68 - After 12 hours in the van on the way to Colorado Springs, she got used to nursing in the van.
69 - She now refuses a pacifier.
70 - She knows the good stuff.
71 - She'll hold out.
72 - Kellie has been handling this move and all these changes with astonishing grace and good attitude.
73 - I'm just so amazed at her behavior.
74 - Sometimes it seems as though she is years beyond her actual age.
75 - She's watched enough movies to turn her brains to mush.
76 - I think our portable DVD player is both a blessing and a curse.
77 - Her favorite movie right now is Robots.
78 - The Disney princesses DVD we just picked up is a close second.
79 - Brian and I are really into "The Office" right now.
80 - We're working on season three.
81 - I haven't yet decided if Kellie will be going to public school or be home schooled.
82 - We have a playground right outside our Temporary Living Facility.
83 - There is not one near our new house.
84 - Kellie will be crushed.
85 - Hopefully the new house with all her old toys will hold her attention long enough for me to find a swingset of sorts on Craigslist.
86 - My family is sleeping.
87 - I should be sleeping.
88 - But even after I finish this post, I'm going to take a bath.
89 - Tomorrow will be a long day.
90 - Our 2008 minivan is the newest vehicle I've ever owned.
91 - I love it.
92 - Our 1998 Camry is 11 years old and still purring.
93 - All my hair is falling out.
94 - I talk about it excessively.
95 - This drives Brian nuts.
96 - I'm actually quite comfortable in our Temporary Living Facility unit.
97 - The drive up here wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
98 - It was definitely longer than I thought it would be.
99 - I'm happy to be in Colorado Springs.
100 - I'm in a good place and hope to get back to regular blogging.

Good night all! It feels good to be back!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Gudge-y said…

    I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOUR LIST!!!! Thank you, it got me caught up! I'm so glad you found a wonderful place, and it feels so right in Colorado. Are you guys going to homestead their? It is such a great location, we can't wait to visit, there better be room for me in that big ol' house! I'm glad you are going to be coming back to the real world-we've all missed you, looking for forward to pics of your beautiful babies! I must go, my baby is asking to use the shredder! We love you guys tons, call when you can, lots of love!!! (I can't believe that Delia is rolling and tells you when she has to nurse and ECing, WOW! Don't worry, Kellie will eventually realize, and Nora attached to new friends, even when we would go to the playground here and she wouldn't know anyone, she just called them her friends, lol. They adapt so well-you are an awesome momma, good job with all this stuff, staying sane and hot and taking such great care of your family!)

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous auntie em said…

    Yay!! I love the image of you nursing Delia in her carseat SO MUCH! We should talk about homeschool/public school. I'm not sure what I'll do with my kids, it will depend what the schools are like where we live, but I think I have some good insights. Can't wait to hear about your new place, and maybe visit it soon! Love you lots!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Seriously, it's as if you were saying all of this to us... I could hear you speaking soooo fast, it makes my head spin!

    I'm so glad you have good feelings about your new hometown. I miss you bunches but happy life will be settling down for you soon.

    XOXOXOXO

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger nej said…

    Glad to hear you're doing well and that your move was exciting and fun and not a total disaster. I've missed you on the Pin and was thrilled to see that you were up and blogging again.

    BTW - Welcome to Colorado! If you're ever in the Denver area...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home