Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Kitchen Confession

I have purchased and assembled 8 total play kitchens. Oh, I wish I was kidding.

I've been on the quest for the perfect play kitchen for Kellie (and eventually, Delia) for a year and a half now. I fell in love with this one while hunting with Terra Gudgel, but settled on this one as the shipping for the Sylvie was an additional $100 to Alaska. There were many many more before the custom kitchen from backtobasicstoys.com. But the custom kitchen served us well for about a year.

Unfortunately, the custom kitchen was made of pressed wood. If you've ever moved cross-country, you know that pressed wood has a high rate of damage en route. So I asked Kellie if she would rather keep her kitchen or have a new one in her new home in Colorado. She looked at the pictures of the two kitchens for a good thirty seconds. She decided on the Sylvie and hugged and kissed her custom kitchen goodbye before I sold it on Craigslist.

PFD season is in and we received our final family PFD payment today.
We got the house. (Yay!!)
We move in on Saturday.
Our belongings arrive on Monday.

Put 'em together, folks. ;)

We're getting a new play kitchen! My dream play kitchen!

I am just giddy imagining all the fun the girls and I are going to have making wooden scrambled eggs and wooden fruit salad and wooden shiskabobs for their Daddy - in our new home - in our new state. Eeeee!

Thanks for all the loving posts! :) I've missed you guys! And Nanette Jula, I am so up for a cloth diaper MaMa meetup some time. :D Maybe you and your kiddos can come share our new kitchen!

Delia update -
She successfully brought a toy to her mouth today. Repeatedly. (Plastic car keys from Kellie's baby days.)

If you sit her up and (gently!) let her head fall forward until it meets the mattress (yep, she's bent in half at this point), she can (and does) right herself by pushing her legs out from under her so that she is then flat on her belly, holding her head up steady. (She loves this little maneuver and will do it over and over with a smile.)

She scoots. Forward with something to push her feet on. Backward all by herself.

She smiles almost all day long. :)

Kellie update -
She loves to hear the TLF phone ring. If you want to make her day, give her a call.

She can identify most of the letters of the alphabet...then offer a word that begins with that letter.

She loves to point out signs she recognizes. "Mom! See that sign over there? The white and orange one? It says Home Depot." "So, Dad? Do you see that blue and white sign? It says IHOP."

When she played with her water cups in the tub and the water came out of several small holes in the bottom of the cup, she exclaimed, "It comes out like a shower!" When the cup with one small hole came into play, she exclaimed, "It's like pee pee coming out!"

4 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Yippee! So glad you were able to get the kitchen you want! Thanks for girlie updates, too! I miss'm. Can I see'm? Where is'm?
    Love'm!

    XOXOXO

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh I love the pic! Delia is looking more like Kellie! Too beautiful-you guys sure make pretty kids! Now lets see what a boy would look like... ;-)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous TERRA GUDGEL said…

    Okay, I was so not trying to be anonymous...
    -TERRA GUDGEL

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous auntie em said…

    Environmental print awareness, such as recognizing store signs, is one of the founding steps in early literacy! Yay Kellie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home