Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

While we've been in Colorado for two weeks, I finally feel like we live here. Our belongings arrived as scheduled on Monday and we got a wonderful visit from the Reed family as the movers were finishing up. They were passing through Colorado on their way to Oklahoma and drove out of their way to see us. :) It was nice to see you guys!
Brian got a bee in his bonnet looking for the remote control for our DVD player. He began tearing through boxes like a mad goat. We've lived here less than a week and we are officially unpacked. :O He finished up the last of the boxes tonight and we have still not found the remote control. :\

I shouldn't have, but I stayed up after the girls went to bed to finish organizing the play room.

So now, a mini-tour. (A full-tour will hopefully be soon!)

This is from the front door -
sitting room, stairs, dining room straight through the back.


This is the cute little armoire we got on Craigslist to hold
all the whatnots that have no home in our slightly smaller kitchen.


I have a wonderful story about the previous owner that I will post at the bottom.


Dining room off the kitchen - overlooking the family room.


Kitchen.


From top of stairs - kitchen and dining room.


From sitting room - stairs leading up to master bedroom on left,
girls' bedroom on right, bathroom in the middle.



From door - girls' room.


From closet - girls' room.


Bathroom.

From the dining room, down a half flight of stairs is the family room.
Off the family room is the girls' play room.
From far corner - door and game closet.


From other corner - where the wooden kitchen and fridge will be set up.



From play kitchen corner - art easel, baby friendly toys, and *the doll house.



From door - puffy chair, creation table, dress-up accessories, baby dolls, and stuffed animals.




*The really nice lady from Craigslist (the armoire lady) gave this doll house to Kellie.
Just straight up gave it to her.

I'm pretty sure it made her year. :) Thank you!

Girls update -

Kellie can spell her name.

Delia can grab her feet.




4 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Lub it! Lub, lub, lub it!

    Thanks for sharing all the photos with us.

    How nice of the Reeds to stop for a visit, too.

    I'm jealous. ;)

    Major Kudos to Brian, the wonder man, for unpacking all of those boxes. Wish I were there to help you get organized.

    Can't wait for my turn to come for a visit.

    Happy Autumn in the Rocky Mountains to you!

    Love you all lots!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Terra said…

    Oh my goodness, the house is gorgeous!!! LOL-you kitchten is the same layout of your old house-it makes me homesick! I can't wait to make you cook for me in it! ;-) The playroom looks great, totally jealous and amazed by your unpacked house, and the girls, house, and yourself are all beautiful. We miss you like crazy, thanks for the mini tour, love you guys!

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger heather said…

    That place is awesome! I love it and you make me sick that its unpacked. Almost 2 years in AK and I have stashed boxes. Thanks for the tour and the updates. That doll house is a real find!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    that is a nice big gorgeous house, yay! :) So nice to have friends and Andy and Natalie come by, sure that brought with it a nice calm change :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home