Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, February 02, 2009

Surprise!

After a few big-time take-my-breath-away contractions, my midwife recommended I have my ultrasound moved up by a week to make sure that the baby was staying put.

Everything is fine - just a little bit of warm-up on my uterus' behalf.

But that means my ultrasound was a whole week early!

Sooooo... No more waiting!

We are having a GIRL!!!

Please allow me to introduce Delia,
whose middle name is yet to be determined. :D


Kellie and Brian picked out her take-home outfit.
Cute, huh?

She stayed snuggled up to her placenta the whole time.

Isn't she beautiful??

She looks just like her Daddy.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Oh! How Delialightful!

    Okay, I know that's corny, but still delightful!

    Congratulations!

    Love you lots.

    XOXOXO

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! That's so exciting! Another girl!! How sweet. Now tell me, how will Delia be pronounced?

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    Dee-lee-ah :)

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    thats Great! It will be wonderful for Kellie to have a little friend to play with when the baby gets older. And you will be able to use some of the same things with having a girl!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Penny for your thoughts said…

    Congratulations Laura! That is SO wonderful!!! I'm jealous that I never had a girl til Terra and Nora came along! Delia is such a great name! Give Kellie kissez from me!

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Rebekah Gonzalez said…

    awwww...congrats...I love the sono pictures!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said…

    Hello there!
    I have read before but never commented. I found your blog when I was looking for instructions on making wool longies. :) I made them w/ your instructions and they turned out great! Thanks for the post!
    So, I was wondering.... would you be willing to post those instructions on my new site for mothers? It is www.mamaknowsbest.net . You could link it back to your blog and get more traffic here too. :)
    Great blogging and congrats on your newest little one! :)
    Elizabeth

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jared said…

    Congratulations, little sister! I hope the pregnancy goes well; and you enjoy your cravings ;o) Love you, hope the outfit Tami and I picked out for Delia wasn't too goofy; we're dorks. Did Brian get a kick out of the Star Wars nod? Hope all is well in Alaska!

    Jared

     

Post a Comment

<< Home