Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, January 09, 2009

My Reward

Kellie Allie has been having a tough week with her cold and congestion.

As she was preparing for bed tonight, she was going through meltdown after meltdown with no hope of reprieve. Brian was not wearing his Tender Loving Daddy hat and was carrying on with bedtime business as usual. Though I'd scheduled Kellie Allie's bedtime to unload our groceries while Brian put her down, I knew she needed some TLC. So I set aside my cans of green beans and asked Kellie Allie if she wanted to snuggle Mommy. After an emphatic "yes" and a leap from Daddy's loving -if not snuggly- arms, we headed to bed.

As we rocked and snuggled in our glider, we listened to her lullabies from Grandma Ruthie. Ten minutes into our snuggle session, Kellie Allie had calmed down and was breathing deeply.

Halfway to slumberland, she quietly said, "Thank you MaMa."
To which I replied, "I love you."
Her sleepily whispered "I love you, too." warmed me so deep, I momentarily forgot that it was -12° in Anchorage today.

Moments like these are the best part of being a Mommy.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Side. So sweet!

    Hey so is she potty trained, then? I don't think I heard the end of that journey.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Oh, I'm sorry she's having such a rough time with a cold. :(

    See what a great Mommy you are, Laura Michelle?

    1. You recognized that she needed some special attention from Mommy.

    2. You've taught her well the lesson of gratitude.

    3. Miss Kellie recognizes and remembers those lessons and sweetly thanked her Mommy for addressing her needs.

    So, so, so sweet! I'm teary...

    Love you all bunches... and more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home