Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Am I Glowing?

My Mom left me with a book, Water With Lemon.

This book is life-changing. I mean it. If you can get past the cheesy romance novel-type plotline, this book has all the answers you'll ever need regarding healthy eating.

Since incorporating the Power of One Good Habit into my lifetsyle, I feel as though I'm walking on air. I wonder if people can see it in my eyes when they look at me. See it in my face that my life is different now and always will be.

No more diets, no more counting, no more rollercoaster rides of weight gain and loss.

The definition of eat-to-satisfaction has been permanently altered in my mind. And things are looking good.

This feels so different from any time I've ever said, "I'm starting a diet on Monday" and followed with a binge-eating session. Or groaning after a Weight Watchers weigh-in, "Now the pressure is off, I can eat how I'd like." There is something remarkable about the teachings of this book and I can't believe there isn't a cult following.

Maybe I should start one...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah you're going to need to fill me in on this thing. WW is going OK but not spectacular so it's hard to get motivated! And I don't care what WW says; it IS a diet and I DO feel deprived.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger MartaMolly said…

    So simple duh!
    Reading the book was the only way I figured you could see for yourself how simple being in control of your choices really can be. Americas Big Corporations are always telling us, compelling us what is going to work for us, no matter the issue we face and we can learn this isn't the answer, never was, never will be.
    So I silently slipped you 'the book' thinking you would stumble upon it one day and curiosity would lead you to read.
    I am not the weight I would like to be, but I have gained freedom in knowing that the enemy is out there waiting to pounce in a weak moment, freedom of not believing in myself, freedom from yielding my individual power to trust that someone else or some program knows what is best for me. Well not anymore Lady! I've got Courage to move away from the fancy and often elusive advertisements. To see clearly hook and line promises of a better tomorrow, if I just buy into the gimmick and spend dollar after dollar so someone else can tell me later that their program is the right one.
    So I say, let us bask in your glow that shines mega watts brighter because you are the confident one!
    Tah-Da! Guilt Free Girl, Your doing it! One good habit at a time :0)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home