Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, December 28, 2007

Kitty. Bye Bye.

Kellie has a deep love for kitties.
Keeta is her favorite kitty because she will sit still for Kellie's petting.
Kellie often sits at the baby gate going down to the basement, clacking her little tongue and calling for Keeta.
All this while signing our homemade sign for "kitty."
(After observing me calling kitties and rubbing my fingers together like I have a treat, she made up her own sign. She prefers it to the ASL version of "cat.")
Normally, Keeta ignores her unless I'm helping Kellie call her up.
Tonight, surprisingly, Keeta came up the stairs!

This is what I heard from the kitchen:

Kellie: Kitty. Kiiiiiitty. Keeta. Kitty!
Keeta: jingle jingle Purrrrr...
Kellie: Kitty! KITTY! excited scream
Keeta: thump thump thump back downstairs

(Kellie has ear-piercing screams. Especially when happy.)

Kellie: Kitty! cry
Mom: Oh no! What happened?
Kellie: Kitty. sniffle Bye bye.

I can't believe she's putting words together! Wow! Just...wow!

Thanks for letting me share my proud-MaMa moment with you. I'm all warm and fuzzy with love for this little angel. She's just so sweet and bright.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How cute!! She's going to be jabbering conversations before you know it. :) How was Christmas??

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Thirdtimemomma said…

    Wow! They grow so fast. :)

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Thanks for sharing your first-time mom experiences! Its great to hear of Kellie's growth in vocabulary and understanding of things.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Tyson and Sheryl said…

    oh how cute I cant wait for kayden to start sitting up and stuff. Thats when they are actually fun cuz they can do stuff and respond. He smiles all the time though which is cute enough for now. lol

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Lancaster Upholstery said…

    Very thoughtful blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home