Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A New Stage

I'm considering medication to help me manage my ADD.

In order to give the meds a fair trial, Kellie and I have begun weaning. It's been 26 hours since she nursed last and she's been handling it well. When she asks to nurse (which isn't often) I ask "Can we snuggle instead?" She has yet to refuse a snuggle and demand a nurse.

I don't know how I feel about all of this, just yet. See, once the weaning has occurred, I doubt we'll ever go back to nursing. It's hard to say goodbye to that part of our relationship. I didn't expect Kellie to accept this change so willingly. She's not one for change and she's always been a nursies-loving munchkin.

Ahhh... well. Such is life, no? Kids grow up. Yes, even my kid is susceptible.

What is there to do about it except move forward and get revved up for the next stage: Toddlerhood!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was just looking at pictures from Kellie's blessing and I can't believe how grown up she is now. Time flies, eh?

    I think I need to get me one of those kiddos....

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Wow! More changes (growth) for you and your Kellie! Preparing for those terriffic twos! What fun. When one aspect of your relationship changes, other areas are changing, as well. Soon, you'll be conversing with each other more and more and answering all those "Why?" questions! :)

    I hope whatever you choose to do for yourself works. Since you've become a Mother, I feel confident in your decisions because you research things so much. You Go Girl!

    XOXOXOXO to my girls!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Tyson and Sheryl said…

    wow she is getting so big, I had a hard time weaning kyler so the lactation lady told me to stick vinegar inside my bra on some toilet paper, that did it for him lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home