Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Post In Pictures

What's that?" you say? "A post from Laura Gent? It can't be!"


You bet your buns it is! I'm back and I'm ready to divulge all the secrets I've been hoarding.


With my Mom here, we made sure our time was well-spent.
The last time she came up, I don't think we left the house unless we were going grocery shopping.
This time was much different.
We went to the Imaginarium (A children's science museum) where Kellie got to visit the fishies.
At this time, she was taking up to five steps unassisted.

She loves the Itsy Bitsy Spider song. This is her pointing at the spiders while we sang.


This is right before she made a crash-landing off the wooden bear in the background.

This is the giant bubble-making circle. The one that I dropped our last camera into, thus ruining it forever.


Kellie is a bit young for this display, but we appreciated it. That tube is a vacuum that is blowing air and making the disc float. Fascinating, right?



My mom and I went on a shopping spree! I have clothes that fit and makeup that flatters.



Mom watched Kellie overnight and Brian and I spent the night at a hotel. Ooh-la-laa! This is us heading out the door.



Kellie has learned to blow farts on my belly. This is her new favorite thing to do when she's snuggling. Anytime she sees my belly, she blows bubbles and giggles about it.


As a "thank you" for all the time and love Deah gave to her, Kellie got her a pretty present. She also helped her open it.

And then I helped her put it on.

My Mom helped me throw a baby shower for Nikki.

Somehow, Kellie fit into her 3-6 month Easter dress. I was just playing. :)

Kellie loves her some Signing Time. This is her signing "frog." Her new favorite sign is "juice" and was "train" not two days ago.

We girls went shoe shopping.

Kellie got big-girl shoes since she's walking full-time now!

Kellie walking has drastically changed how we shop. She'll veer off and check things out, letting go of my hand in exchange for a feel of some soft socks.



Kellie is walking and playing catch, a game she calls "play."

Look at her standing and waiting for Kenzi to throw the ball for her. I love my toddler.

Did I tell you she's driving, too?

Hopkins taught her. This is a frog my Mom made for Kellie. She made it! Yes, it was once a few balls of yarn. And now he has a name and a weighted bottom.

Deah won Kellie's heart with a kitty cat. She loves this kitty-mow-mow. She kisses it and carries it around while meowing. Her current favorite word is "kitty." She even dreams of them and talks about them in her sleep.








So, this where I've been for the past three weeks. Thanks for letting me share. I'll be posting more frequently now, so don't be afraid to check back!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Tyson and Sheryl said…

    fun fun i love reading your blogs, its so boring with out them lol i cant wait for kayden to get that big, course when he gets kylers age then i wish they were little again lol

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY! Lots and lots of pictures!!! They make me so happy! I miss you like crazy!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    All that time/undevided attention with your mother sounds like it was great. You too really made the most of it. Kellie is getting soo big! It is always nice to see new pictures! When do you two think that you will come down this way again?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home