Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Advocating Breastfeeding

I hopped on the breastfeeding awareness bus a little late. August was national breastfeeding awareness month. Last year there was a bit of a competition for creating a breastfeeding sign. Similar to a no-smoking sign or a public restroom sign. Here's the story.

Anyway, spurred by this story, I looked for some breastfeeding advocacy wear online. Everything was a)too expensive or b)not my style. I decided to make my own. I grabbed a plain tee and stenciled the breastfeeding symbol with acrylic paints. Then I moved on to Kellie's shirt. And lastly, one of her diapers. This was so much fun and her tush looks so cute decked out in her breastfeeding advocacy diaper!


4 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    very creative stenciling it on to her clothes. She's definitely a supporter of bf'ing. Her and Kacen alike.
    Yeppers read the article, offering ladies blankets, and probably used by other moms and babies that had who knows what kind of germs, GROSS! And older babies with blankets, have they ever tried to keep one on them, and that baby and lady were in the heat. I can just imagine, pouring sweat.
    What kind of things does Kellie have, toys, videos, clothes, books, music, what could she make use of for her birthday?

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heart that tush!

    Oh I still need to e-mail you about my funny Kellie dream!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    That is soooo cute! I LOVE the diaper and little shirt! P.S. I just ran across your blog... saw the clothesline of diapers and knew I wanted to peek in. :)

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger MartaMolly said…

    You have such creativity, of course I ALWAYS KNEW it! It is so beautiful to see you shine. Love to you! Mommy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home