Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Want to Learn to Knit

Well, I do.

Kellie has taken a break from speech. She's focusing all her energy on getting from point A to point B.

She's a quick one. She's got this new method of transportation. It goes like this: I see Dad...I want to get to Dad. But he's far away! There's Mom...She's closer... I know! I'll crawl to Mom and convince her to take me to Dad! Yep! That's the trick.

It's not just between parents. She does this with toys, pets, food. She seriously looks at the distance between the item she wants and the nearest parent. Weighs her options. And chooses the path of least resistance.

If it weren't totally classic "Kellie" I wouldn't believe it myself. Sometimes I think she's a seasoned woman trapped in a baby's body. She knows all about life and how to get around doing the things she's not interested in.

I'm on a crazy schedule. I'm basically sleeping every other night. Brutal.

Our house is clean. You can accomplish quite a bit when you are wide awake every other night.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    i want to learn to knit too!We could learn at the same time and post our wonderful works online!?
    You're right your schedule sounds extremely crazy
    That is fun about Kellie! She is on the move!All too soon she will be going every where!

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger emily kate said…

    That is one smart baby! You should learn to knit and then teach me. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home