Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Prest-o! Change-o! (I wish!)

As previously mentioned, we'll be turning our "office" into Kellie's room. The transformation is to take place over the course of the next week.

If you know me, and you likely do, you know that I don't do well with projects that take longer than twenty-four hours to complete. I am unable to sleep knowing a project lies unfinished. Alas, I have no choice in the matter. I am not able to lift furniture by myself. (Something I have not taken kindly to!) And I can honestly say I've never steam-cleaned carpet by myself. The schedule I must surrender to is as follows:

Monday-The cable guy will come sometime between 2 and 6 (Gotta love the window they give me! I have nothing better to do than sit on my pregnant butt and wait for them to show up. Hang on a sec... Sitting on my pregnant butt... Nix the negative spin on that. I can handle doing nothing for four hours!)

Tuesday-We con a few of our friends into helping us move our desks downstairs to the newly-connected cable-jack.

Wednesday-The steam-cleaning will commence. We have to go with a pro as Zoe has had her fair share of puppy piddles in what will be Kellie's room. Also, there is some mysterious stain that I can't seem to get up. I lied, I've never tried. But it looks difficult to remove!

Thursday-I'll be painting some cutsie flowers in a border pattern on the wall. We've opted to get only one dresser, as opposed to a set. This room is a good size, so we decided that some color will make Kellie's furniture look less dwarfed.

Friday-We buy the dresser. Move the dresser (With the help of our aforementioned friends). Move the crib. Move the glider.

Friday night into the wee hours of Saturday morning-I will proceed to keep myself up until I've reached that point where everything is funny-I'm so tired. Filling the dresser, making the bed, organizing the toys, and pining after the organizational closet-sorters we've registered for.

Saturday-I'll probably buy the sorters because I can't wait until Kellie's baby shower. I want them now. It's what I do and why our registry continues to shrink rather than grow.

So, what would be a one-night project for non-pregnant Laura has become a week-long ordeal.

I may post again to harass you with more whining.
I'm extremely impatient.
Really. It's true.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Sounds like it will be a lot of work, but with a big payoff at the end. It will be fun to have your nursery done. Wish that I could be there in person to see. Flowers painted on the walls, cute cute! Yeah, not good to have dog pee on the baby's floor. Wait a few weeks and I should be able to get you something off of your registry.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember when your room used to be in the basement and I was sleeping over (it was the first night that you and Vic ever kissed!) and I fell asleep and you stayed up all night and rearranged your room. Love it. Love you! This room is going to be fabulous! And believe me, I know how you hate to drag out a project for a whole week! And about the registry, are you registered at Walmart? We registered at Target for our wedding and I wanted to make sure we got the seasonal stuff we registered for before it was gone, so I just bought it all and then what we got of that stuff from people, we returned. Make sense? I'm glad we did because we were sure to get everything we wanted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home