Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Yay me!


The picture on the left was taken in April of this year. I weighed 160 pounds and those are Brian's pants!

The picture on the right was taken in September at my niece's third birthday party. That's my youngest niece, Abbi. I weighed 146 pounds there.

Ultimately, this weight loss was to impress Brian. But, in losing and keeping off a total of 20 pounds, I have new respect for myself.

I've joined and RE-joined Weight Watchers so many times, it's laughable. But I've stuck to it this time. I may not go to meetings, but the plan is an integral part of my life.

It was all worth it in the end. The picture below is mine and Brian's reunion in Texas. I am a slim 137 pounds in that picture. I felt and still feel great! I am much more comfortable in my own skin. I'm just giving myself a pat on the back by publicly voicing the pride I have in my stick-to-itivity.


I just hope I don't screw it up too much this Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    You're home?!?!?!?!? How long are you here for? When can I see you? Do you want a set of acrylic nails? Hmm? Hmm? I need a model. ;)

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger J and D said…

    wow! how impressive - congrats to you!

    (I found my way over here from Emily Kate's blog)

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    I know! I miss you! I too felt sad you couldn't come.

    I'd say we can hang out over Christmas break, but unfortunately I'll be very selfish with my time.

    Since I'll only be able to see Brian for 8 days, I plan on spending 7.87 days glued to his hip. (The rest of the time *.13 days* Will be spent using the rest room... Though our bathroom IS connected, so I can't really say we'll be APART apart. Just mentally seperated.)

    Of course, I can see you while Brian is here, just not quality girl-time.

    I can't believe that out of the six months we'll be seperated, I get EIGHT days with him. It seems so small when you look at it that way. :(


    Oh, and thank you for the compliment, Jess! Happy reading!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home