Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Monday, November 07, 2005

10 to 1 -Them

Boy howdy, do we suck?! We lost, which is not news at all. Simply a statement of the obvious.

Soccer, soccer. I love the exercise. It's definitely not MY sport. I'm a basketball kind of girl. Consequently, I try to use my hands. Which is a BIG no no in soccer unless you're the goalie. I've never been the goalie. Something about chilling in the same area while people kick a ball at you doesn't sit right with me.

I've been playing for about a month now. I'm part of a recreational co-ed 18+ team. I think I'm the only one not in their ward. It's not a ward sport, simply that they are all from the same ward and decided to sign up for a soccer team to help a woman who has developed cancer. Girls willing to play this vicious sport are few and far between, so I was invited to join the team.

I know the ring leader and his wife from work. They're cool people. As jack-mormon as they come. Our beliefs don't get in the way of our playing peacefully. But they do have a lot of questions for me.

They can't understand how someone who is not even the slightest bit religious can have such high standards of morality and loyalty. They seem to be under the misconception that non-believers go around sleeping with anything that moves and drinking anything that provides an intoxicating feeling. I do neither of these things and thus the questions are spawned.

As far as the iPod ordering goes, the good people of UPS will be delivering my baby tomorrow!! I'm so excited I might stay awake all night just to listen for the doorbell so there's no chance I'll miss them and have to go pick it up.

I love UPS' signature policy because it ensures no one else will get my new toy, but I hate that our doorbell is quieter than a mouse fart and you have to be within a ten-foot radius to hear it. My room is downstairs... Hmmm... I suppose I could doze on the couch while I wait for my precious.

I still haven't picked out a name. As you can see, I'll be dressing her up in pretty pink. But I'm torn between Georgia and Brazen Hussy. Choices...choices. If anyone has an alternative, I'm open to suggestions.



I've decided to post my weight loss accomplishments to help me stay motivated. I've been on Weight Watchers since May of 2004. I've joined four or five times on and off. I've recently rejoined and since have lost 3.6 pounds.

That was in my first week! I've been flying solo on their plan since April, it was only last week that I started attending meetings.

Below are my loss numbers since April 2005. Publishing my stats will keep me in line. Just one more source to answer to.

Good luck EK on your recent embarkment of WW!

Weight Loss Count: 15.2 lbs.
Inches Lost: 11.75

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    I LOVE basketball! You're just not sporty, so we've never played together. I play in my head. :) I'm out of practice, but that's what I like to do at the gym when the court is free.

    I know what a Jack-Mormon is, silly. And yes, they ARE jack-mormons. They believe (or so they say) but don't act on the belief. I'm pretty positive they're inactive, or else never partaking of the sacrament. Or maybe they are and will in turn suffer the consequences.

    I'm of the opinion that if they HAD beliefs, they wouldn't be jack-mormons. They would act on their beliefs, but who am I to nitpick?

    What baffles them is that I have NO religious belief system and more often than not choose the high ground on morality and whatnot.

    The 98% fat free tortillas made by Mission are only two points. The littler ones, not the big ol' burrito sized ones.

    You could use inch measurements instead of pound measurements. A tape measure costs about a buck at Wal-Mart.

    Happy posting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home