Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy-Sad-Love

When I was a kid, one of my favorite family bonding times was "Happy-Sad." We'd go around our (very large) kitchen table and each child would be able to share a Happy moment and a Sad moment from their day. Once everyone had a turn, if we all had more to share, we'd go around again.

Kellie is old enough now to understand the concept and it helps us reconnect at night no matter how hectic our day was. We've been Happy-Sadding it for about six months now. Kellie has gotten creative and adds on her own little bits. She's added on "Worry" "Funny" "Frustrating" and now "Love"

Kellie's moments today:
Happy - Playing at the park with Alex
Sad - Not being able to get down from the playground
Love - Coming home to my bed to snuggle to sleep with my Mommy

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home