Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, June 25, 2010

Feminine

My bestie (Emily Kate) sent me her pre-loved digicam. I nearly cried when I got her email saying she'd send me her Canon. I love having the ability to take pictures of my kids to share with you readers and the grandparents. Thank you Emily!


My pretty lady friend (Heather P.) turned me onto skirt-wearing full-time. I've been experimenting with the skirts I own and LOVE how feminine I feel. Not to mention how cool I feel in this hot summer weather. ;)

Since skirts are such a big hit for me - I trucked on down to Salvation Army for their 50% off sale and now have plenty of skirtiness to go around. Total damage for all the skirts and four pairs of shoes was $57! Try to buy that in a department store!!


I'm really diggin' budgeteering - and I've been very successful at it! I gotta tell ya - we were waaay off mark while living in Alaska. We got ourselves into a heap of trouble acting as though we had infinite money. ;) We've now eliminated our credit card debt and have only our van to pay for. It's been liberating to have such a firm knowledge of our finances.

All's good in the Gent home - thanks for stopping by!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger heather said…

    ooooo, aaahh=) Which ones did you keep? I'm going to have to go check out the local shop tomorrow if I have time. My favorite skirts have all come from the thrift store! So glad you love your new find=) Back fat-be gone!!

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    Those are all keepers! :D I returned the duds. ;)

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger nej said…

    I'm so glad you're blogging again! I've missed you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home