Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, February 26, 2009

But I'm sickie!

When Kellie is sick, everything ends in an "ie" - sickie, nosie, wipie, foodie, cuppie... You get it.

On the cloth diaper and parenting forum I frequent, the subject of lovey's came up. I realized then that I had absolutely no pictures of Kellie with her lovey.


So here she is - stuffy nosie and all!

She became attached to this cat with a zippered body when she got sick. Maybe that's why she calls him Hobbie (instead of Hobbes, which is what Brian named him).

The blankie I made from bamboo velour. Kellie sleeps every night and nap with her blankie. If it is unavailable, MaMa's blankie will do. (I made an adult-sized blanket of the same material)

Hobbie she usually only asks for when she's feeling crummy. She has him in bed every night, but will carry him around and take him on car rides when she's crabby, sick, or just plain old fussy.


Normally, when Kellie is feeling rotten, we have lots of babywearing time. She'll pull on my pant leg and say, "I want to sliiiiing!"

Well, with this belly bump, I don't really have room for a 26 pound toddler on my front. And back carries just don't cut it for Miss Kellie Allie. Thank you to Nikki for letting us borrow this swing. Kellie is able to sleep and get her rocking fix.

I hope Kellie still wants to be worn after Delia is here. :( That's a long time for her MaMa not to be able to sling her - she may lose interest.

I just realized that as I typed it... How sad.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Oh, poor Kellie :(

    Hope she feels much better soon and that she doesn't share her germies with her Mama and Daddie!

    Even though she's not feeling well, CUTE photos!

    Thanks dor sharing.

    Lovies to Kellie :)

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Um, sorry...

    Thanks for sharing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home