Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thoughts

Those are leg warmers! They're homemade versions of Babylegs. They make diaper changes a breeze! And they're just tootin' cute.

Kellie is 23.5 inches long and weighs 13 pounds. Is that bigger than normal? Maybe it's the birdseye view I seem to favor when photographing her.

I was boiling my pump parts and spilled water on the floor. I slipped. I hit my shin, my ribs and my elbow on the counter and cabinets. I didn't curse. That's a big step for me. I'm on my way to becoming a suitable mother figure.

I don't want to do dishes. Five bucks for the first person to get over here and do 'em for me. Any takers? Anyone? Come on.

I curled my hair...I cut my bangs. I figure, if I can't go home thin, I'll be cute and stylish. (Something that's been somewhat out of reach since my second trimester of pregnancy.)



I weigh 172 pounds. When the doctor asks, I say it sheepishly, apologetically, quietly. What kind of resolve and determination do I posess? Little to none, apparently.

I couldn't take a photo of myself without giving the camera a "come hither" stare. So I posted the one of me looking at the viewer to make sure all 172 pounds of me was in the frame.

I'm trying to pump milk so that maybe one day we can have a date night. Any suggestions, tips or condolences, please leave them in the comments box.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry that I haven't been commenting much lately. I wanted to tell you how adorable Kellie is and she is jusr growing up sooo fast. As far as date night goes, make sure that she is well rested before you go. The first time we left Anden with people, he hadn't slept and it was a long night for him. I am assuming you are leaving Kellie with a member of your family while going on your date night? That makes it alot easier to be with a family member rather than just a friend.
    Are you going to use disposables when you go to Utah or do cloth? Either way, good luck!

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Leg warmers! Love it!! And you do NOT look 172 pounds! Jacob came in while I was looking at it and he was like, "No she's not!" And I love your bangs! Cuuute!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look like a HOT MAMA!!! All 172 lbs. you spaz! And you don't need the clothes and haircut to look cute and stylish, you always look that way, but, as one who went shopping with you, the clothes are really cute! And the bangs!

    Luv,
    The person who is going to watch your child for date night, even though they aren't a family member because I am Kellie's best friend!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Are you sure the scale isn't broken? You definitely don't look to be anywhere near 172! I am not kidding, I would invest in a better scale! anyways, I am sorry I haven't kept up to date on anything.... I just seem so, well... worn. I hope you don't think I have abandoned you, I think my own family feels that way here sometimes, but I swear I care alot!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and you look amazing by the way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home