Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, March 11, 2007

FreeCycle

You know about recycling. (Unless you've spent the last 30 years living under a rock.) I've recently made acquaintance with a little (BIG) thing called FreeCycling. Go ahead. Click on it. I'd be willing to bet good money that there's one in your area.

Last week, I cleaned out my basement and FreeCycled:
-Warm mist humidifier
-Analog bathroom scale
-VHS media shelving unit
-Boy-ish carseat
-Front-loading baby carrier

This week, I received from fellow FreeCyclers:
-A ridiculous amount of baby girl clothes
-Cloth diapers
-2 Suitcases

The whole idea behind FreeCycling is to recycle household goods. All the stuff you would be throwing away that someone would gladly take off your hands.

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure, afterall.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've heard about FreeCycle. But I heard some not-so-hot stories about it too. Like weird people that don't follow through or whatever. But it sounds like you're having a good experience!! :)

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't quite freecycle. When we have extra children's things I find someone that we live by that could use it and give it to them. Then stuff gets donated to me by people I know on occasion. If I have things that I don't know who to use them, I give them to the D.I. I don't like clutter, like things hanging around my house when I know that I want to get rid of them.

    Thanks for sharing all of your interests and fun little things that you do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home