Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Happy Birthday Delia Kate!

Delia will be one year old in two short days.
I can't believe it's been a year since I was BEGGING
for SOMEONE -ANYONE- to get this baby out of me!

Brian's work schedule prohibited us from celebrating on her actual birthday - so here's our early celebration!

We've called Delia "Smiley" since she was just a few months old. So we went with that as her birthday party theme. Enjoy the pictures! We wish you could be here. :D


1st birthday layette
From Grammie and Grandpa - Anywhere Chair

Smiley's Smash Cake

Smiley's ShareCakes

The Birthday Spread

Sweet big sister loaned the stuffing from her chair for the photos.

Kellie helping Delia dance

Sisters

"Say 'birthday cake'!"

Enjoying all the commotion

Stepping to Daddy

She made it!

My girls

Daddy's girls

Delia's "Good Girl"

A kiss from Good Girl

Experimenting with the present pile

I think she's getting the hang of it

Zoe's tail hit Kellie's face - poor kid.

From Mom and Dad - a Rody Horse

Bouncing

From Auntie Rachel - a handmade baby doll

From Auntie Terra - handmade play food

Ready for cake!

She did NOT want to keep the hat on!

Big sister did.

"Happy birthday to you!"

Dig in!

Delicious!

Sister sharing

Auntie Rachel and Dad

Delia's first taste of cow's milk

And back to playing with all the new presents
From Mema, Papa, and Bella - a gumball machine and sidewalk chalk

8 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous auntie em said…

    Awww I'm so glad you got pictures of Delia's special day! Kisses to you and the girls. Miss ya lots!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Bagley Briefs said…

    Oh my gosh! Considering the sleep deficit, the birthday girl is so happy! Love, love, love all the photos!

    In the Bouncing photo, Delia looks just like her Mama as a baby.

    Zoe's darn tail wreaks havoc sometimes, eh?

    Wishing we were there for the big celebration. Thanks for sharing.

    XOXOXO

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Terra said…

    Oh my goodness, I love the pics!!! I can't believe how much older she looks in 3 months! Did you cute Kellie's hair again, it looks great, and so does yours! I love Delia's surprised and excited face, she cracks me up, so stinkin cute, and I love the walking to Brian pics! Wish we could have had some smiley cupcakes, too cute, looks like she had a blast, good job mama, love you all!

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger nej said…

    Happy Birthday, Delia! It's amazing how much Kellie looks like you and Delia looks like her daddy.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger MartaMolly said…

    I so love modern technology, at least I can view pictures (compliments of Laura-Loo) I almost felt part of the celebration with the play-by-play photo's.

    Zoe's tail is unmerciful, I Know! Sending healing Kisses to Kellie-Belle :)

    Deels looked like she had the time of her life, as it should be.
    Glowing at the seams, such joy on their angelic faces!
    Beautiful girls! But hey look at their beautiful parents....go figure.

    You were very creative with your happy face cakes, yummy.

    Hugs n' Kisses

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Nicola said…

    Hi there, I just followed your link from the Diaper Pin 'how to lanolize wool' tutorial. Thank you. I use it all the time!
    Your girls are beautiful. Happy 1st to Delia.
    Nicola
    http://whichname.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    not sure about ready for cake but from how she is sitting in that chair with her legs spread and just a diaper I think she is ready for me to have my hand in her diaper stroking her soft, warm, bald little p---y, they go crazy when you rub it for them and I LOVE the feel of very young p---y

     
  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Wenni Donna said…

    Superb share! The color scheme that has been used is pretty interesting and yeah all the girls love pink. Everyone loved my daughter’s first birthday bash décor and color combinations. It was not pink but had a pop of it in red and black décor which turned out to be fantastic. All of the arrangements were done by the staff at Los Angeles venues that I had booked for this bash.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home