Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Have A Rat

I do. I really, really do.

Why I bought the rat? I bought him the day I came to terms with the completion of our family of four. I think the desire to hold something tiny once more drove me to buy a rodent.

Why I'm keeping the rat? Kellie's sweet little voice, "Mama, I love this rat."

What?? Don't look at me like that! :) It teaches her responsibility and bonding and... Well! I don't know what to say! I thought a rat was the second to last thing I'd adopt. A ferret is the last - but that's only because I'm not disciplined enough to care for a ferret.

Anyway... Here he is. His name is Fritz.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Ruth Peterson said…

    I hear rats are great pets.

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Terra said…

    If I start saying anything about the rats, I won't stop, and you will end up crying...it will be worse than the mike-n-ike that got put down your butt crack during beauty school...so I'm not going to comment, tho, I must say, Fritz is cute.......BUT HE'S A RAT!!! Enough said....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home