Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Friday, May 01, 2009

A Girl and Her Lovies


Kellie's bamboo blankie has become a little worn-looking. This afternoon, after her nap, I asked her if she'd like to "color her bamboo blankie" to help hide the wear and tear. To which she replied, "Oh I'd love to! Let me go get it!"

I asked which color she'd like her blanket to be. Her immediate response was "yellow!" I asked her to pick two more colors out of the assortment of dyes I had handy from prefold dying days of the past. She picked yellow and orange and blue. We worked together to dye her blanket and a little one for Delia. (Kellie chose pink and purple for Delia) After seeing the yellow and orange set, I knew blue wasn't going to turn out very pretty (it's a matter of order. If I'd dyed the blanket blue before the orange, it would have turned out fine.) so we compromised with red.


Isn't it pretty??


I think it looks like a Big Stick popsicle.





4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous auntie em said…

    What a fun project! It turned out great.

    Do you have big plans or your 25th birthday!?

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Ooh, those bamboo blankets look so soft a squishy! Where did you get yours?

    I didn't know you could dye bamboo. What kind of dye did you use?

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Crunchy Chick said…

    -No HUGE plans. I'm going to a movie screening of "Orgasmic Birth" on Monday. :)

    -I made Kellie's from a yard of bamboo velour which you can get from hyenacart.com/thecoveredcaboose

    We dyed with Dylon dyes - Burnt Orange, Poppy Red, and Sunflower

    Or you can buy a custom cuddle at hyenacart.com/ticketybu :)

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous sunnymom said…

    That looks great! Okay, you got me... might have to try this... I followed Beth over here from Diaper Pin, too, BTW. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home