Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Can't Quite Put My Finger On It

Something is different. Something I can't pin down.

I feel like I'm running out of time.

Time to nest and prepare.

I have no concrete evidence to support this feeling. But there it is.

With Kellie, I felt this way about two weeks before she was born - pushing Brian to put up our Christmas tree, pestering Terra to have our family photos done, staying up too late to put the house in order...

Today, Heather drove my waddling pregnant body all over town - picking up items that only a nesting MaMa would deem necessary!

I'm wondering if I'm hyper-sensitive to this feeling because of how early and quickly Kellie arrived. Maybe I have more time than two weeks? My gut says four to eight weeks - leaning more towards four than eight.

If I had a crystal ball - I'd love to look into the future and see me pushing 39 weeks. I'd even take the shame of being the overly-sensitive pregnant lady who had herself and everyone around her convinced of the inevitable pre-term birth!

Honestly? I don't think that will be the case.

A girl can dream, right?

1 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous auntie em said…

    I just can't believe how soon it will be! So wish I was there to 1- rub your pregnant belly 2- love on Kellie 3- be one of the first to cuddle Delia! Sigh. A girl can dream right? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home