Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Smiles and Diapers

Kellie smiled today.
A genuine smile.
A hey-your-my-Mom kind of smile.
She's been unintentionally smiling since we brought her home.
But this one. This one was for real.
And I gotta tell ya, her smile lights up her whole face.

Wow.

I fell in love all over again when I saw her I-meant-to-do-that smile.

She's been laughing too. She's never happier than when she's at the breast. She'll smile and coo and laugh, all while trying to eat. (Which isn't very effective, as you can imagine.) It's almost like she's pleased with herself for finding such a tasty meal. Her own little secret. Cute as all get-out.

We took the plunge!
Kellie will be in cloth diapers within 7-10 business days.
Pricey little buggers, those. But when I ran out of Luvs in her changing table basket, it made me think of how I'll never have to buy a pack of Luvs again.
That, my friends, is priceless.

We got a wipes warmer for Kellie's cloth wipes and a step-on pail for her dirty duds. We're set and ready to go.

I'm trying lots of different pocket diapers.

I ordered
3 bumGenius,
1 FuzziBunz,
2 HuggaBuns,
3 Homemade by a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom),
2 Stuffables

We went with pocket diapers as opposed to covers on account of Brian's being finicky about "stuff" touching him. (Poo, pee, diaper cream, lotion...He just doesn't like "stuff" to touch his skin) This seemed the most seamless transition from 'sposies to CD (Cloth Diapers). Wish us luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Good Luck! Have fun with your cloth diapers. Silly Brian and not wanting to touch anything.

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting! Good luck! You're so darn cute! :) (Do you know that this morning Jacob said, "I can't wait for Laura to come! It's been so long!" Cute huh?)

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am happy to hear about you going ahead with cloth diapers. Its always nice to know that you will never run out of diapers at home!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home