Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Sunday, January 14, 2007

My Baby Is Asleep. Am I?

It's 1:30 a.m. Do you know where your kid is?

Mine is sleeping...peacefully. At least, the baby monitor would have me believe so. Kellie and Brian are passed out in bed and I'm up and alert and ready to clean.

It's not that I particularly want to clean. I just find myself wired when Kellie is ready for some deep sleep.

I'm hoping this is a temporary trend that will pass. Until that time, I'm updating my blog!

A few things-
I really do intend to send out -Thank You- cards for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts we recieved for Christmas. I just hope I get them out before Christmas '07

I'm fascinated by every little thing my daughter does.

Terra and I joined Costco. We had this elaborate plan to pretend we were a lesbian couple if they refused to let us join while living in seperate houses. Thank goodness they didn't have a strict policy regarding household status. We were prepared to rattle off each others' addresses to prove we lived together!

Costco has an 800+ count pack of the wipes I use for Kellie. I've been obsessing over them. I've wanted to run back and buy them ever since we left. It's unhealthy. Kellie still has plenty of wipes. (No, I'm not using paper towels to wipe her bottom yet!)

I'm coming home to Utah in May! My Dad is turning the big 5-0 and he and Mutti (Ruthie) are using their miles to fly me out and helping us to pay for Brian's ticket. I'll be there for about 3-4 weeks. I'm super stoked!

Kellie has grown into her 3 month clothes... I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about this. Sad that I remember her preemie clothes being too big for her. Happy that she has a whole new wardrobe to wear. And you know MaMa loves to play dress-up!

Finally, I am going to Costco tomorrow. I am getting those wipes. I'm having my hair colored/cut tomorrow. I may have to talk Brian into tagging along. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to hold Kellie while I'm wearing a cape. Can't hold her outside of it...she might get hair or hair color in her eyes...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Oh how fun getting your hair done again!! I still haven't got mine done yet. The only way that I can get highlights is if I drive to Roy and have my cousin's girlfriend do it who is in beauty school.
    Costco, how fun! I should join something like that when we get our tax returns. But that would probably be the only time that I would get to use it, silly me.
    If you would a little extra help paying for Brian's ticket I am sure that we could after we get our tax returns!
    How wonderful to be wired. Good luck getting things done! Don't be afraid to ask Brian for much help when he is home. I wish Paul was home more often to ask him for help, sometimes it is quite overwhelming. I have recently lost all motivation and desire to clean and occasionally would really like to be a bump on a log when Alona wants to do a zillion things.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You crack me up. Obsessing about baby wipes. I love it!! You're my favorite. And you know I'm so excited about May! We need to talk! Love love love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home