Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Fizzle Pop Pop

I'm an organization enthusiast.
I get things done.
I get them down on-time.
I plan ahead.
I count my eggs.

For Christmas, I did nothing for Brian. Nothing.

For New Year's Eve, I planned nothing.

Our anniversary was yesterday. What did we do? Nothing.

I could never have planned for the non-planning that being a parent brings. I've never felt so scattered. It's worth every minute of feeling like I'm grasping at air when trying to form a coherent thought.

Nothing could have prepared me for this state of mind. Nothing.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Welcome to Motherhood! It does get easier especially with one child. When I just had Alona about half of my house was clean most of the time. But yeah, definetly on a different timetable when you have children. It seems that the parent gets things done when the child allows them to.I am sure that you will get more of it figured out as time goes by.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger MartaMolly said…

    Remember my daughter that nothing is as important than the welfare of your marriage your child and your sense of self.
    Do your best, to hang on to the thought that most of this craziness will subside. Life will become more patterned and you will think clearer thoughts as you eventually get more sleep. Sometime around the 2 to 3 month peak she should begin sleeping through the night.
    Relax, take a deep breath, do something for yourself everyday to refill your personal well, after-all you are wonderful at nurturing. You have nothing to prove in that area.
    Don't be shy about asking for help physical or emotional. No Man is an Island!
    I am only a phone call away, not ever too busy to chat with my loved ones.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've recently entered a new organized, zen-like state with the help of organizedhome.com flylady.com etc. Thinking of how crazy life must be when you're in charge of a new little one scares me now!! :) By the way, call me anytime this weekend. I can't wait to talk to you! Sorry I missed you the other night! MWUAH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home