Understanding Laura

I am a crunchy oddball with too many ideas and too little time. Do you get me now?

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pictures, As Promised

Below - Kellie's bag and the light saber Brian made for her.


You know when you get an idea for a craft stuck in your head and you just cannot rest until you complete it?

A few days ago, I made a similar-to-Kellie's trick or treat bag for Nora (Who is four months old). Nora was fussy, Kellie was irritable, Brian wanted to be relieved of Daddy duty, and Terra had to get home to make dinner. So I was mega-rushed and it turned out bad. Not bad like - Laura, get over it. Bad like - Poor kid...

So I've been feeling terrible. Because I knew Kellie's would turn out cuter because I'd be able to spend more time on it. They're going trick or treating together, and I didn't want it to look like a blindfolded maniac made Nora's bag. While Kellie's was all nice and shiny.

I had this orange fabric and some bits of fleece from my remnant rummaging. This is what I came up with to replace the horrendous black bag. My favorite part is the patch on the bottom. Fun, huh?





7 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the pumpkin bag! so creative. and the good thing about the light saber? doubles as an extra safety feature since it lights up! :)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger CrunchyChick said…

    I wish! That's just a painted dowel. :)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a cute idea! It reminds me of those hard plastic pumpkins I used to use to trick or treat. Did you have one of those? :) Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see Kellie in her costume!!

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Auntie Laura,
    Thank you VERY much for my trick or treat bag. I loved getting candy in it, and I liked to try to eat it. I also liked that it was orange like me, which gave me another reason to try to eat it some more! :-)
    Love,
    Nora

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Happy Halloween

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Penny for your thoughts said…

    Wow. Laura! What a great Auntie you are! I can't wait to see pictures of Nora in her outfit with her pumpkin bag. You did a great job! She'll be able to use that for years to come!
    Love you. Give Kellie kisses! She and Zoey are SOOOOO cute!
    -Nora's Grama

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Peridot&Sapphire said…

    your dd is so cute in her halloween costume!

    ~sharine~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home